The European Shakespeare Research Association (ESRA) would like to announce their conference “Shakespeare and Myth” to be held in Montpelier, France on 26-29 June 2013.
The conference will include the following seminars:
- Early Modern Nature: Shakespeare, Science and Myth
- The Early Modern Reception of Shakespeare in Print and Manuscript: The Rise of Shakespearean Cultural Capital?
- Local and Global Myths in Shakespearean Performance
- Myth in Relation to Truth, fable, history, legend, folklore
- Myth, Romance and Historiography
- Mythical Performance and its Afterlife
- Mythologies of Childhood
- Protean Shakespeare: Adapting, Tradapting, Performing Early Modern Plays
- Shakespeare and Classical Mythology: European Perspectives
- Shakespeare, Myth and Asia
- Shakespeare and the Myth of the Feminine
- The Shakespeare Myth Reloaded: Demythologizing and Re-mythologizing Shakespeare Today
- Staging the Shakespeare Myths, 2000-2012
- Translating Myths and Mythologizing Translations
You are invited to submit an abstract (200-300 words) and a brief bio (150 words) by 1 October 2012 to the convenors of the seminar you choose. Full details of the seminars and convenor contact details are available at:
All participants will be notified about the acceptance of their proposals by 1 November 2012.
The deadline for accepted seminar participants to send their completed paper is 1 April 2013.
Information about plenaries, registration costs and other practical aspects will be given in due course.
For more details go to the conference website at: