Department of History and Philosophy of Science
Limit of tenure applies*
We are seeking a research associate for the AHRC-funded project, ‘Diagrams, Figures and the Transformation of Astronomy, 1450-1650’. The work involved is to maintain and update the project website, participate in seminars, organize workshops, provide editorial assistance and produce at least one research paper a year on a topic relevant to the project.
Candidates should have:
– excellent research record in early modern science.
– proficiency in English (and preferably in Latin).
– familiarity with web designs or databases
– experience in using image-processing and bibliographic softwares.
– A PhD by the time of taking up the appointment.
Applications accepted in hard copy only. For details on how to apply see www.hps.cam.ac.uk/jobs/ra.html
* Limit of tenure: 2 years
Closing date: 15 December 2010. Planned interview dates: January 2011.